Monday, February 27, 2012

Stitches West Report

Dashed Divider
Stitches Photo Collage
STITCHES WEST REPORT

We were so pleased with the turnout this year at Stitches West!  Given that this was the first year that we had a full-fledged booth, we weren't sure what to expect, but you came out in droves to shop and wish us luck with our new online endeavor!  It was wonderful to see so many familiar faces!

A BIG thank you to Jordana and her crew of Jordana Paige who worked along side us for set-up, tear down, and everything in between!  We are very lucky to have such a wonderful partner in all things Stitches.  As you know, we have now been a part of the Jordana Paige booth for 5 Stitches shows.  Her company is a joy to work with and we LOVE her products!  Have you seen the Crafter's Tool Butler?  What a great organizer for knitters and crocheters!

We'd also like to thank our very special guests Lulu Bliss and Hazel Knits!  Dolin (pictured with me at the yarn tree on the left) lit Stitches on fire with her Lulu Bliss patterns.  The most popular one was definitely the Trixie Cowl which I wore (the fingering version) almost all weekend.  Dolin actually gave it to me after the show because she said I wore it so well!  Ha!  Sounds like a ploy to not knit one myself- huh?  I'm not saying a word.

We were fortunate to have special guest, Wendee of Hazel Knits, fly down from Seattle on Friday and spend the day in the booth with us on Saturday!  As you can see our booth was stocked to the gills with Hazel Knits and we have now added a little Artisan Sock to our online store. 

The big hit of our booth were the "can cozies" which really are knit sock cuffs slipped over Diet Coke cans!  Wendee had sent these down for a display and when they arrived there was an audible shudder of "what are we going to do with them?"  As we were arranging the booth we realized that the top shelves looked a little empty and that a soda can fit perfectly!  So, 40 cans of Diet Coke were added to the list of display items.

Unfortunately, it was after she left that I realized I didn't get a picture with Wendee.  Oh well, she remains an amazing hand dyer shrouded in mystery.  However, look who stopped by the booth to snap a photo?  Why yes, that is Cookie A. (pictured with me at left in front of our booth).  Given that I am about a foot taller than Cookie, I scrunched down and she stood on tiptoe.  I am wearing the Trixie Cowl that Dolin gave me.  I just couldn't take it off, it's so pretty!

Did you miss out on our Stitches West Pop-Up Bobbin's Nest store?  Not to worry, we'll be adding items to the online store at record speed, so you can get the whole experience.  You can also enjoy our Flickr set of photos!  

  
Pin It

No comments: