Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Looking Hot in Denver


So, you know how you leave the house thinking, "geez, I sure hope I don't run into anyone today because man! I look like a schlump."  Yep.  That's exactly the day you run into someone important.  For me it's always an ex-boyfriend, an old co-worker, or in this case a fellow business person who blog stalks you and wants to take your picture.

I was in Denver over the weekend visiting a childhood friend.  I came <--this close--> to canceling my trip because I have been super sick, but having worked a lot in the past 3 months I thought, "how bad could it be?"  Head cold+flying+altitude sickness=not a good plan.  However, Sunday after lying on my friend's couch eating popsicles for 3 days, I had a "suck it up soldier" moment when my friend and I ventured into Fabric Bliss, to get rations...ahem, I mean supplies...for her Christmas projects (yeah, she has a gift drawer.  Right?  I know.  The girl's got too much time on her hands).  So, turns out that Fabric Bliss is only 4 months old, but looks very established and polished.  They are a fabric and yarn shop and I felt like I was "coming home" so to speak because the feel is...well, the best I can come up with is, "very Bobbin's Nest."  It's a beautiful store with wonderful products, great people, and a lovely atmosphere.

As a store owner, when I go into other shops, I feel out the situation before I say anything about Bobbin's Nest. It's a fine line with some store owners, so I try to be as respectful as possible.  That said, I immediately felt comfortable with Simon who was working behind the counter.  We chatted for a few minutes and when I said, "well, actually I own Bobbin's Nest Studio in California" I expected a nod and a "that's nice", because heck, I am in Denver, nobody knows me there!  Aurora, Simon's wife, and the store's lovely co-owner came flying out of their sewing salon.  "Did you just say you are from Bobbin's Nest?  I blog stalk you!"  Guffaw of laughter all around ensued!

Of course, this is perfect day for me to drop my name.  I look like I've been hit by a truck.  And Aurora, consider me your new stalker.  Your store is wonderful, however next time I will be dressed and ready for my close-up .


Pin It

No comments: