Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Erin Reviews The "Easy Peasy Baby Jacket" Pattern


I LOVE CHURCHMOUSE CLASSICS PATTERNS!

Ahem...now that I have collected myself.

What's not to like about the Churchmouse Classics patterns? They have everything going for them...simplicity, elegance, portability, and they are excellently written and tested. I recently met up with Kit Hutchin of Churchmouse Yarns and Teas at the Yarn Market News Conference. I have met her several times while visiting my sister in the Seattle area and each time I come away inspired. Every descriptor I just gave about the patterns is a word I would use to describe Kit...well, except maybe "excellently written and tested"and I would only say portable in the sense that she, herself, is a tiny thing!  Once I stopped gushing over her patterns and telling her how many of this one or that one I have made, I told her what a wonderful addition they have been to the store. With a wink, she said, "thank you." You see, Churchmouse Classics patterns have been tested and tested and tested, by novice and prolific knitters alike at Churchmouse Yarns and Teas for years, so Kit knows how fabulous they are!

This pattern was wonderful. The three needle bind-off at the shoulders saves me from my dreaded seaming. Although, it's not entirely seamless, I did have to seam the sides and the arms, but that's ok, as a baby project, this little jacket is quick! The beauty of a garter stitch jacket is that it is the perfect first garment for a beginner. Nevermind purling...knit knit knit and voila! You have a little sweater! I whipped this bad boy out in probably 4 nights and I am not a fast knitter.

I used Crystal Palace's Merino 5 yarn (one of my favorites), which we are temporarily closing out to make room for the Berocco Comfort, which Gail is using to make the store sample. The "Easy Peasy Baby Jacket" pattern is written for 2 gauges and 2 sizes.

This little jacket which I deemed, "The Easy Peasy Paddington Bear Jacket" went to a friend's baby who was born just 2 weeks ago. I can't wait to see him wearing it! Pin It

No comments: