Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh Betty Dear!



I don't know about you, but I for one am completely enamored with Mad Men.  The style of the 60's has come back in a big way thanks to Betty Draper (now Betty Francis), Joan Halloway-Harris, Peggy Olson and the women of Mad Men.  The idea that women could, no SHOULD, be elegantly dressed whether in the home or the office is a lost art in today's casual Fridays or as I call "Shlumpadinka Everyday" wear.  With the arrival of Fall I find myself settling back into last year's bad habit of jeans, sweater, and Dansko clogs everyday.  Sure, I may throw on a funky necklace or a scarf to "dress it up", but it sure isn't Mad Men style.

Robert Kaufman, how cute are you?  Betty Dear would make Betty Draper/ Francis proud!  Not really 1960's inspired, more 1940's, but I can totally see the girls of Mad Men donning cute aprons or garden party dresses made of these prints!  Can't you?  Sassy, indeed!

We have most of the collection now available in the shop and the eNest!    Pin It

No comments: