Friday, September 3, 2010

Cañada College Artistry in Fashion Sale and Show

Artistry in Fashion
Saturday, September 25th from 10am-5pm
Cañada College Fashion Department
4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94061
650-306-3370

For the few years while I was an Interior Design student at Cañada College, I also helped with their Fashion Department's Artistry in Fashion sale and show.  I strongly believe that Community Colleges are the unsung heroes of the education system.  Cañada College has the best Fashion Design Department that I know of in the area comprised of fantastic teachers.  They have turned out many talented artists.  I am proud to say that I am a product of the Community College system and the California State University system (and Hey!  I turned out OK). 

This designer sale showcases the unique jewelry, bag designers, and many of the students who have gone on to start their own niche businesses.  You can pick up some really neat items that you may not find elsewhere.  The fashion show exhibits student work that they have made throughout the school year.  It's always fun!

$10 at their door will get you into the show and the sale OR if you stop past the shop we have some postcards that will get you in for $9.  All of this money goes to the Cañada College Fashion Department. Pin It

1 comment:

cathye said...

This year I hope to make it to this show! I've wanted to go for years and somehow never seem to get there. Thanks for the reminder!