Friday, July 16, 2010

Watch those pic-a-nic baskets!



Anybody who owns their own business knows that even when you are not "working" your brain is still "working."  I used to knit in my sleep.  I'd dream of the project I was knitting on or the exciting project I wanted to start.  I haven't dreamt that dream for a while, but what I did dream of last night was making a jelly roll quilt.  It was related to the conversation Amy and I had yesterday about the simple, new pattern we've gotten in by Calico Printworks called "Jelly Shots Trio."  This pattern includes 3 different ways to use a jelly roll or a layer cake for a quilt.  It's totally my speed....strips, squares, or a combination of strips and squares.  It's minimal cutting or piecing.  Which roll or cake to choose?  Well, that's an easy one,  "Happy  Camper" just screams summer to me!  The prints have that 50's campground feeling that has me looking over my shoulder watching my pic-a-nic basket for fear Yogi and Boo Boo will come steal it! Pin It

No comments: