Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


I got caught up in the blogosphere this morning as I was enjoying my breakfast in bed and cards from my "kids".  For an entire uninterrupted (unless you count the girl cats scrapping under the bed, our boy cat screaming to be lifted up to the bathroom faucet for water from the hallway, or the dog begging for the strawberries that accompanied my waffles) hour and a half I was able to lounge, read, and surf.  Pure heaven!  I came across this little snippit though via Andrea Scher's Superhero Journal blog who was quoting her friend Jena Strong:

"Whether or not a baby has ever miraculously come out of your body, you are a mother. You have helped mother me, or your sister, or your girlfriend, or your cousin, or your neighbor, or a stranger. You have wiped a tear or a bottom. You have given counsel. You have talked someone you love off a ledge. You have nurtured and natured and gently nudged her to keep going when she was sure she couldn't. You have read a storybook, shoveled a walk, waved across the parking lot, not even realizing you were saving someone's life."


I couldn't agree more.  Happy Mother's Day to those who have human children, those who have fluffy or feathered kids, and those women who have kept us afloat by playing a mothering role in our lives.

   Pin It

No comments: