Saturday, December 5, 2009

While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads...

...Sugar Plum Fairies that is! Last night my husband surprised me with tickets to San Jose's Dance Theatre's* production of The Nutcracker. I love seeing different productions of this classic holiday ballet. I have seen it in many cities and every time it's different. This time was no exception by the inclusion of what else? Little sheep! I have never seen a version with sheep and now I think every production should include little kids dressed as sheep! They were so cute and if I were a parent I would have been in tears seeing my little one in a sheep costume. The funniest part was the one black sheep with a yellow ribbon tied around her tail (the white sheep all had blue ribbons). They danced around and wagged their little tails to the audience cheering, laughing, and applauding. In my opinion, the sheep stole the show!

*Sadly, San Jose's The Nutcracker only runs this weekend December 4-6. If you live in the area and want to see it, seats are still available! Pin It

No comments: