Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's oh so quiet...

It's been a little quiet here on the ol' blog for the past few weeks. I do apologize for that. We've been a wee busy in the Nest. Here's what the past few weeks have entailed and then maybe you will understand why I haven't been able to fit in my "blog time."

1. Sept. 25-27th was the Peninsula to Pier Shop Hop. It was great fun! We received so many positive comments about our bird afghan square that I am trying to roll it into a full fledged project! Thanks to all of you who made it in! Above, I am looking a little tired (should have at least put on some lipstick), but here I am in the thick of things! (Thanks to Y.M. for the picture!)
2. October 8th was our 2nd Year Anniversary/ Wool Candy release party! In true Bobbin's Nest style we had cake (red velvet with chocolate chips for those keeping track at home) and beaucoup champagne! Adrienne from Wool Candy launched her yarn in the shop and it flew off the table much to our delight. Even so, we still have a lot left, so come on by! (Cathy caught me mid-sentence in this picture, but I kinda like it as it looks like I am say "Hey Y'all!")

3. This past weekend October 16-18th we hosted our Couture and Color Retreat with Bonita Knit and Sew in Santa Barbara. Joan McGowan-Michael of White Lies Designs was our guest instructor and believe you me it's probably better that I don't have pictures of her "Whipping Your Knits into Shape Class"! Let's just say that there was masking tape pasties involved in the learning of proper sweater fitting! Oh my!

The retreat went well and we made a lot of new friends. The train ride was relaxing and much knitting was done. All in all, it was a great weekend to be in Santa Barbara.







Pin It

No comments: