Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We're turning 2!

I woke this morning at 4am. No reason other than the usual...snoring husband, scratching dog, cats running amuck, but I was wide awake. So, I gave up on sleep, got up, fed the "kids", and flipped on the TV to AMC who was playing the original Sabrina. Then it dawned on me...two years ago today I was doing almost the very same thing, but with purpose. Happy Anniversary Bobbin's Nest!

Today is the "real" anniversary of the store and two years ago I was getting up early so I could head into the shop to finish displays. I was nervous as all get out and I think I even said to my husband "what if no one shows up?", but show up you did! In fact, some of those first few customers through the door are not only still customers, but one of them, Mayra, became my crochet teacher!

"Thank you" doesn't seem like thanks enough to all of you who have shopped, learned, taught, worked, or helped in some way. The dream continues to evolve and I am still in awe. This past weekend at the LYS Shop Hop I overheard and was told directly that my store is "lovely," "beautiful," and "inspiring." I don't know if I have ever been so proud. When my customers pay the shop such compliments, even whispering them to each other, it makes me feel like I am doing my job. This is what I am meant to do and I couldn't do it all without you, so thank you from the bottom of my humbled little heart.

Don't forget our Anniversary Party/ Wool Candy Release Party will be on Thursday, October 8th from 6-8pm. See you then!
Pin It

4 comments:

Jordana Paige said...

Congrats Erin!! You definitely have reason to celebrate. Will be out of town so I'll sadly miss the festivities. I always love Bobbin's Nest parties.

Kathy said...

Yeah! Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer said...

I always remember your anniversary because it's the same week my son was born...he just turned 2 last week...congrats Erin! I don't get over to B's Nest as much as I would like, but I always love your store and miss seeing you! - Jenn van der Kleut

Ms. Hotpants said...

Erin -
Your shop is indeed all those things! As a newcomer to the Nest, I honestly have to say that I don't know what I did before I discovered you. I certainly wasn't sewing the way I am now, with the quality of fabric and the inspiration I have found there. The Bobbin's Nest has reminded me that sewing isn't just for my mom anymore :)
Keep on truckin' -
~Laura