Thursday, April 9, 2009

Haven't downloaded the photos, but...

...I'm back in town! What a wonderful experience. I so loved the Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (Paris Flea Market) with every booth teeming with amazing antiques and bits that only a crafty girl would appreciate. The Sonia Rykiel exhibit at the Les Arts Décoratifs was also very inspiring. A dress being knitted as it walks down the runway? Sure! Why not? Speaking of knitting, I also hit La Droguerie, a wonderful knitting/ beading store. What a wonderful space and chock full of their own books, patterns, kits, beads, buttons, and yarn. I picked up a couple books there...one in English and one in French. Le Bon Marché (sort of a French Saks Fifth Avenue equivalent, but so much more) also has an entire floor dedicated to yarn and fabric. It was as if they took my store and put it on top of a department store, oh but I dare to dream! Beautiful things, familiar things: Rowan, Noro, Debbie Bliss... What a great find! Combining fashion and crafts! Makes sense, non?

There's so much to report, but it will have to wait for Easter Sunday (when we'll be closed) and Monday at the office where I can download photos at my leisure and sort through the travel rubble. Pin It

No comments: