Friday, December 19, 2008

Crystal Palace's Merino 5-"E's" True Hollywood Story*

"Squish, Squish, Squish"...that's all I think about when I knit with this yarn. Jeez! It's yummy stuff. My version of the "Big Bad Baby Blanket" here was a take-off on one of our customers. It has a garter stitch border (seed stitch makes me want to throw down the needles and cry like a frustrated 2-year old) and was knit on US9's to add more drape. Yes, it's washable, but I would recommend lying it flat to dry (I have a pair of Merino 5 socks that I have put in the dryer and whereas the result was not tragic, they have pilled). I have made hats, a baby sweater, and several of our customers have made Knitty's Calorimetry out of it. We have it in a zillion colors...well, not a true zillion, but we have a lot!

*And by "E" I of course mean "Erin". Pin It

No comments: