Monday, December 15, 2008

Adventures in Quilting

A friend was in the hospital in August and I thought I would seize the opportunity to learn to quilt. I went to Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts and selected what I thought would be an easy quilt to make, "The Summer Breeze." They claimed it was an 8-12 hour project and I enthusiastically chose a combination of skeletons, French wallpaper, vintage 1930's prints, and dots. Her favorite colors are red, black and white, so this would definitely fit the bill!

Well, what I found is that quilting is a lot harder than I thought and the only part I really enjoyed was the fabric selection and the piecework. The rest of it...well, sat in the back room for months until Maria (bless her heart) couldn't stand it one minute longer and took it home to finish. The end result was beautiful, but I have to admit I was as sad to give it away as I was embarrassed at the untimely arrival. What started as a Get Well gift turned into a Christmas present. All in the spirit of giving I guess! Enjoy, dear friend, I am glad you are well. Happy Holidays!
Pin It

No comments: