Thursday, August 21, 2008

There's no one quite like a dame

PR5 this week was FAB-U-LOUS! What's not to like with RuPaul as a judge, the return of Chris March in a Viking costume straight out of the old "Hägar the Horrible" comic strip (if Helga wore disco balls for a breastplate), and drag queens? Loved it! Thank you PR5....you're awesome in my book.

So, here's how it all panned out. The kids had to design for drag queens, each with their unique talent and personality. With names like "Hedda Lettuce" and one "gal' who claimed to be Ann Margaret on steroids, you knew it was going to be good!

Using his daughter's Halloween costumes as inspiration, Joe designed for Ann Margaret. I love this outfit. I think it's kitschy, well-made, and well, for lack of a better term, Barbie-esque. It won by the way, but I would have liked it anyway. I thought it was cleverly done.













Korto, how did you get the fire to stand like that? I have been designing Halloween costumes for years and defying gravity has always been a problem. With a removable skirt and a fiery color, this get-up was definitely a winner in my book.














Oh, Suede, how Hedda Lettuce gave you a run for your money huh? She was a bossy one, but in the end I think you both got what you wanted. I think the pillbox hat is the pièce de résistance!














Finally, Terri, I don't get it, but the judges liked it. I do, however, think it goes with the personality of your gal. So, I give you props for the hard work and the kimono sleeves. That was a lot of work!







Pin It

No comments: