Friday, August 1, 2008

I've turned to the dark side

At left my Ireland sock in progress in the mouth of "Fungie, The Dingle Dolphin" statue on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland.

I never thought it would happen... I don't wear socks, so why on earth would I knit them? Well, and here I am knitting my second pair of socks. It's all about socks! Maybe because it's summer and they are easily transported on vacations, to the ball game, or even to sit in your backyard with a glass of iced tea and your iPod? Who knows, but I have turned to the dark side for sure.

My first pair, the "Ireland socks" traipsed around the country with me for two weeks! They were the perfect size project to fit in my purse. I started them because I wanted to learn "for the store"...or so I claimed. They turned out so well (thank you Ann Budd and Getting Started Knitting Socks!) that I cast on my second pair for a friend (to be named later)! My Spring Forward lace socks are again out of the Hazel Knits Artisan Sock Yarn in the Euphorbia colorway! Subtle hues of green, mixed with a lace, vine pattern are surely going to knock my friend for a loop!

We have a TON of sock yarn on order! Here's what we have on order in the way of sock yarn...just to tease you:
Sheep Shop's "Sheep Feet"
Crystal Palace's Panda Silk, Panda Cotton, and Panda Soy
More Chasing Rainbow's Willow
Classic Elite's Alpaca Sox
...and a BIG surprise that we will announce when it arrives!

Stay tuned...you know me, I can't pass up the opportunity to share the good news as things arrive! Pin It

No comments: