Friday, November 30, 2007
QuicKnits sessions starting December 5th!
ACK! How many knitting days are there to the holidays? Join us Wednesday nights in December for our one-hour “QuicKnits” sessions to start (and maybe even finish?) three different projects, each one QUICK and EASY.
• NO RESERVATIONS NECESSARY! Each session is a drop-in class at a price of $15 per person to be paid at the time of the class. Please bring cash or check to pay directly to Meg.
•10% off supplies purchased from 5-7pm on the night of the class!
• Students MUST be comfortable with basic knitting skills (cast on, bind off, knit/purl, increases/decreases).
Wednesday, December 5, 6:00 to 7:00 pm: “QuicKnits – Tiny Purse”
Small and elegant, just the thing to carry a credit card, a room key, and a small note that says “Meet me on the balcony at 7:30.” You may not be able to complete the purse in one hour, but you’ll be well on your way!
• 1 skein SWTC “Yang” or Louet “Riverstone” (other worsted weight yarns will work).
• Optional: Novelty yarn, such as “Fizz” or “Little Flowers.”
• US #6 needles if using “Yang,” or US#7 if using Louet, or at least one size smaller than recommended for yarn; crochet hook if using novelty yarn.
• Button appropriate to yarn selected, small snap, or magnet closure.
• Thread/yarn to attach closure.
Wednesday, December 12, 6:00 to 7:00 pm: “QuicKnits – Felted Hotpads & Coasters”
Learn two different ways to create feltable hotpads and coasters. Do you prefer circles or squares? Learn techniques to make both. If you knit at a reasonable pace, you should be able to complete a coaster in the hour.
• Louet Riverstone. One skein should get at least 1 hotpad and a couple of coasters. (Other feltable wool yarn will work.)
• US #9 needles (or at least 1 size larger than recommended for yarn)
• Optional: Non-wool novelty yarn
Wednesday, December 19, 6:00 to 7:00 pm: “QuicKnits – Drop-Stitch Scarf”
Really up against the wall? Need a really, really fast project? A drop-stitch scarf is just the thing you’re looking for! Every few rows have wide open spaces, so this scarf will grow right before your eyes! You may even be able to complete one (and start another?) in the hour. Learn two ways to make this style of scarf.
• 1 skein Aslan Trends “Del Sur” (Other yarns will work, but remember – the bulkier the yarn, the faster the scarf!)
• Needles approximately 1 or 2 sizes larger than recommended for the yarn (think fast!).
• Optional: US#35 or US#50 needles (yes, they do make ‘em that big!).
• Optional: Novelty or alternate yarn for optional fringe. Pin It
Posted by Bobbin's Nest Studio at 11:00 AM