Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dear Erin... the column, the news, the lifestyle

I think I have just become the Dear Abby of crafty things. I hope I can live up to the hype!

From Didi B:
I really love the robins egg blue sweater that you have on display, and would /love/ to know what yarn was used as well as info on the pattern... I'm trying to decide whether or not to give in and knit it. :)

Dear Didi B.,
Well because my favorite color is blue, we actually have two blue sweaters on display. The one in the front window is the Airy Wrap-Around Lace Sweater from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I am allergic to mohair, so I used Misti Alpaca Worsted yarn instead of the recommended yarn to make it. The second sweater that you can't really see in the pictures, but you saw in the store (that really is more robins egg blue), is the Karabella "V-Neck Aurora Sweater"* and it is made out of the Aurora 4 yarn. We have the book, pattern and yarn for both sweaters! Thanks for your question and let me know how I can help!

And yes, I think surrendering to the temptation of knitting is always a good thing!

Yours truly,
Erin

*I did not make the Aurora sweater, Karabella did, so I cannot vouch for the simplicity or difficulty of the pattern. The yarn however, is gorgeous and comes in lots of colors! Pin It

1 comment:

Didi B said...

Thank you so much. :)

I'll get the supplies soon, after my holiday knits are finished and I can return to selfishmemememe knitting.