Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A month and a day

The countdown has started! I can't believe Bobbin's Nest Studio's opening day is just a month and a day away! Soon the logo will be finished, signs will go up and a website will be developed. I've made friends in the neighborhood, the coffee shop knows my lunch order by heart, and the post office can set their watch by my arrival everyday. Product has started arriving daily which is exciting and a tad overwhelming. It's like getting presents everyday! Our fabric seems to be arriving slow boat, but it gives me (and you too!) something to look forward to. As of now, the shelves haven't arrived yet and our POS/ inventory system is getting set-up this week. It's going to mean long days of data entry, but even that seems sort of exciting when you're first starting out. It's a good feeling to have a fresh start...new inventory, new systems to learn, new people to meet. Watch out world! Pin It

7 comments:

Cindy said...

No fair! I am moving to India in a few months and a new yarn, (okay, etc...) store opens in my town?! I drive past this area every day! Now where exactly IS the store? Are you in the Franklin Mall?

Bobbin's Nest Studio said...

I am actually in the "University Plaza" across the street from the Franklin Mall. Moving to India? That's exciting! If nothing else, hopefully you can come to the opening on the 29th!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Erin. We are excited for you and wish you all the best. We will see you at the Opening!

Love, Tom & Gail

theknitist said...

OMG, I was just whining to a friend about how there doesn't seem to be any boutique shops for sewing and needlework. Woot!, I can't wait to see you at Opening!

Chloe Sparkle said...

Congrats, Erin! It's going to be fabulous!

Emily said...

congrats Erin-- that is so wonderful! I am annoyed I moved away before you opened--- hope to come visit you some day. best of luck!!

Lara said...

Fun location! (Mostly fun because it's only 2 blocks from my home and on my regular "walk to lunch or walk to the farmer's market route") I may just have to check out some classes... I've been meaning to take the plunge into the sewing world. :)